- I have multiple autoimmune diseases. Lupus, RA, Sjogren's Syndrome, Osteoporosis,
Autoimmune Hepatitis, CRPS/RSD, Raynauds, etc....
When we first came to Arizona, I didn't know i could feel that good! On the medicine regime i was on, plus the dry hot air, i thought i would get some of my life back.
- Very quickly my new pain doctor took away my opiates - cold turkey.
- I was thrown into withdrawal immediately. I have very few memories of the first several days.
- I spent a full month on no pain meds. It was like gravity was trying to tear me apart. I had to fight to make every movement while reminding myself to quit clenching my jaws and trying to meditate. Sleep was impossible.
After much soul searching and investigating I decided to try medical marijuana. I was 56 years old and have never used before. I had to learn how to smoke. I now make cannabis butter and split my day between edibles and smoking.
- I recently to a bad fall. Landed on my face. Concussion, many broken teeth, bit clear through my top lip, road rash.
At the ER a went through multiple xrays and a CT scan. I was offered nothing for pain. I couldn't eat, or smoke my marijuana. I was offered nothing for pain.
- I am finding my way.
How am I going to visit my family in Iowa? Even medical marijuana is illegal there.
I can live without opiates, but now feel if as I am on a leash.
Marijuana needs to be legalized throughout the USA for this to truly work.
Editors Comments: This is a first hand story delivered by email after posting on Facebook first. We need these stories out there. This is cruel and unusual punishment and under the Human Rights Watch its defined as torture.