Managing Pain with Alternative Treatments and Fewer Opioids - Rethinking and Redirecting Physician Strategies
- August 1, 2017 -
SOURCE: Click Here below
https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/ ... ttacha.pdf
DOWNLOAD: PDF link below Colorado Physicians Ramp Up Response
Reports about the rising epidemic of opioid abuse, misuse and death
• National Governors Association launches 7-state pilotproject to address the growing epidemic
• Gov. Hickenlooper announced the opioid crisis as one of his winnable battles
• CMS immediately pledged full support and launched an aggressive plan
• Colorado Coalition for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention created.
Reinventing Pain Management Strategies and Addiction Treatment: Core Objectives
1. Maintain and expand ongoing physician reach-out, CME, training on pain management and addiction treatment
2. Assure sustained treatment and support for addicted patients and support for both care givers and first responders
3. Assure optimal practice support to physicians evaluating and treating patients with pain conditions
Rebooting & Reinventing Opioid Strategies
A four and a half year CMS focus:
• Professional education and development;
• Bringing local and national expertise to the Consortium and coordinating with the Consortium
• Supporting public policy initiatives
Professional Education and Development: Components of Culture Change
CMS has emphasized:
• Safe opioid prescribing
• SBIRT mentor trainings
• Guidelines and tools for improving chronic pain management
• Promotion of National Take Back events
• ER/LA opioid REMS: Safe use
• Youth prescription drug abuse awareness, options
• Responses to state and federal government initiatives
Bringing Expertise to the Consortium
• Recruiting clinical experts to provide comments on prescribing guidelines.
• Actively participating in the PDMP workgroup
• Upcoming all-member survey on the PDMP
• Supported Consortium recommendation to enhance usability of PDMP for all prescribers
• Improve PDMP usability/integration
• Improve interoperability of systems to “talk to each other” so we can know when our patients have received care elsewhere
• Eliminate Pain as 5th Vital Sign
• Encourage non-opioid pain adjuvants.
• Promote insurance coverage of alternative pain treatments
COMMON SUPPLIES DISPENSED THROUGH SYRINGE ACCESS PROGRAMS FOR SAFE HEROIN USE
- Protecting the rights and safety of the Drug Addicts with clean injection kits for illicit drug use.
CPP's on the other hand to be tapered and shamed thru physician abuse and torture and experimented on since they are sick and diseased. (ESH) Eugenics Starts Here where the problem began with the Prescriptions Opioids. Eliminate Opioid Prescribing to end future Heroin addiction pointed out in the aforementioned news article that when prescribing reduced to over prescribed pain Patients the numbers of Heroin overdoses increased. We know it couldn't be the known fact Carfentanil has been raging across the country since late 2012 by best estimates. Its the pain patients medicines and must eliminate them for public safety and Heroin addicts safetyand well being.
Urine Drug Testing For CPP's Compliance The Causality Of Heroin Use, the Pain Patients and Their Meds. Taper, and cut off at all costs. Their possible deaths will serve the greater need of society and unavailable given the dangers of prescription ovoids being used for Pain Management. .. Putting pressure and extreme stress at all times. This must be our way
to end the Opioid Crisis and keep the Heroin users numbers down while protecting them. They have a disease and the CPP's only making the crisis worse with their medications on the market creating new addicts and overdoses like this.